What do you wish you knew when you were in middle school? Have you ever received advice that was so good that it stuck with you over the years? At a recent Back to School event, hosted by Advisory Board Member, Kris Knieriem of Blender, Inc. , Higher Achievement supporters shared a few words of wisdom with some of our scholars. Actually, much of this advice probably applies to adults too! Feel free to use these as your personal mantra. There’s nothing like good advice.
• Be active. (Do lots of things, even if you’ve never done them before and/or are afraid of failing.)
• Explore; find your passion.
• Fuel yourself to be awesome. Even if you’re angry, use that energy to be better.
• Don’t worry about looking smart.
• Remind yourself to be happy.
• Believe that things are possible. Don’t limit yourself in your dreams.
• Embrace change.
• Be yourself. You never know what that could lead to.
• Take heed to good advice.
Mark your calendars for Giving Tuesday, November 28, 2017, and visit our #GiveBigPittsburgh page today!